March never seizes to disappoint with its share of madness. And this year was no exception either. Women's History Month started with a whirlwind of events, planning a Texas Independence day celebration and Mostess Cocktail party (that you can read about here) in DC and then big SXSW concert in Austin.
By St. Patty's day, I was ready for a Spring Break. But the cherry blossoms started blooming and I officially caught Spring fever and just like that, NCAA brackets are busted and opening day is here!
In the midst of all the craziness I did a much overdue overhaul to my logo (and website) so that was exciting! And I am catching up on a backlog of blog posts so stay tuned for more content coming soon! In the meantime, here's your monthly recap of links from around the web...
March Link Roundup
- Glad to see #ACreativeDC representing at SXSW in Austin
- Email might not be dead, but the guy who created it is #RIP
- Finally 15 minutes to change your mind on the metro! (Now if only we can solve the parking ticket issue in DC)
- Lots of live music performances to soak up from South By thanks to public radio & Vuhaus
- POTUS gets his Taco on in Austin...
- ...and went to Cuba (& so can you!)
- A Funky Chicken Coop Tour? Yes, it's a thing ya'll!
- A nice retrospective of Austin's growth over the years (via Texas Monthly)
- Celebrating innovative female entrepreneurs around the world
- Congrats Rito Loco for winning best new business in Shaw!
- Excited Tot Squad is coming to DC (a much needed service for moms)
- The politics of BBQ in NC (via NY Times)
- And....don't forget to do your Taxes
Until next month, no foolin' around and enjoy the April Showers!